PIA offers a range of baggage services for Economy and Business class passengers. This section provides helpful information about baggage allowances, as well as a list of restricted items and advice on items that should be packed in your checked baggage.
BAGGAGE RULES AND RESTRICTIONS
For the safety of our passengers and aircraft, passengers are prohibited from carrying the following items in either checked or hand baggage:
- Explosives, munitions, fireworks, and flares
- Security-type cases/boxes incorporating goods such as lithium batteries or pyrotechnics
- Compressed gases (flammable, non-flammable, or poisonous) such as butane, propane, aqualung cylinders, lighter fuels, or refills
- Oxidizing substances such as bleaching powder and peroxides
- Flammable liquids such as paints and adhesives
- Flammable solids such as safety matches and articles which are easily ignited
- Poisons such as arsenic, cyanides, or insecticides
- Radioactive Materials
- Corrosive materials such as mercury (which may be contained in thermometers or blood pressure gauges,) acids, alkalis, and wet cell batteries
- Any other substances which, during a flight, present a danger not covered above, such as magnetized, offensive, or irritating materials
Lighters (butane, absorbed fuel, electric, battery-powered, and novelty lighters) are not to be carried in the carry-on and checked baggage. This ruling by The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) applies to all passengers arriving into or departing from United States of America.
In addition, passengers are not allowed to carry the following items in their hand baggage for passengers’ safety and security reasons. To minimize inconvenience, you are advised to check in or put these items in your checked baggage instead
- Knives (including hunting knives, swords, and pocket knives)
- Scissors and any other sharp/bladed objects (e.g. ice-pick, nail clippers) considered illegal by local law.
Do ensure that all your bags are properly labeled, both inside and outside. Include your full name, home and destination addresses and telephone contact information, and remove old destination tags and labels.