Updates on Travel Advisories and Requirements due to COVID-19 outbreak
Dear Valued Customers,
We are working closely with authorities with the aim to gradually return to regular flight operations as soon as circumstances allow.
It is mandatory to provide personal contact information at the time of booking for all flights. Travel requirements and restrictions to your destination countries will be updated here.
Attention Customers Travelling To/From Jeddah. PIA operates flights from Hajj Terminal Jeddah.
1. TRAVELLING TO PAKISTAN
Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination and possession of proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be applicable for all passengers above 12 years of age.
2. TRAVELLING TO BAHRAIN
All entry procedures for the Kingdom of Bahrain are available on the ministry of health's website: https://healthalert.gov.bh/
3. TRAVELLING TO CANADA
4. TRAVELLING TO CHINA
Notice on Updated Requirements for Passengers Traveling to China
As per the latest policy of COVID-19, starting from 17 January 2023, airlines flying to China will be responsible for checking the PCR test reports (hard copies) of passengers within 48 hours before boarding. All passengers bound to China are kindly required to cooperate. China Customs will conduct random checks on the certificates when passengers go through customs.
In order to facilitate the international travel for passengers to China, the Chinese Embassy in Pakistan prepares the “Guide on Epidemic Prevention and Control Measures for China-bound Travelers” and “PCR Test Certificate Requirements”. Details are as follows, please read carefully and make sure you abide by all the requirements.
Guide on Epidemic Prevention and Control Measures for China-bound Travelers
I. Pre-boarding Nucleic Acid Test
All China-bound travelers will need to take nucleic acid test for COVID-19 within 48 hours before boarding, and can only travel to China when your test result is negative or after it turns from positive to negative. Please always bring the hard copy of the proof of your negative COVID-19 test result with you for inspection.
II. Health Declaration to China Customs
You are required to declare your negative test result to China Customs by filling the Health Declaration Form on the Wechat mini-program of China Customs (scan the QR code below), or at https://htdecl.chinaport.gov.cn, or via the China Customs APP.
III. Boarding Check
At boarding time, airlines will check if you have a negative result (hard copy) within 48 hours before boarding and those who fail to present such a proof will not be allowed to board the plane.
IV. Self-protection on the Aircraft
You are suggested to wear a mask throughout the flight and take good personal protection to reduce the risk of infection.
V. Inspection upon Entry
You can go through customs with your health declaration result, and China Customs may check your proof of negative COVID-19 test result.
If you pass the health declaration and entry inspection, no further requirements will be imposed.
If there are anomalies in your health declarations or you are showing symptoms such as fever, you are required to take an antigen test by China Customs. Those whose results are positive will need to self-quarantine or seek medical treatment as notified by the authority. Those whose results are negative will go through routine quarantine inspection by China Customs in accordance with the Frontier Health and Quarantine Law and other laws and regulations.
VI. After-entry Epidemic Prevention and Control
After entry into China, you will have to strictly abide by the epidemic prevention and control requirements of the place where you stay.
PCR Test Certificate Requirements
I. The proof must have the name of the traveler, which should be exactly the same as it appears on the travel document used for the flight. It is recommended that the date of birth and travel document number also be shown on the proof.
II. The proof must also have:
- Time of the test or time of issue (at least one of them should be within 48 hours before boarding);
- testing method (which should be nucleic acid testing, antigen testing will not be accepted);
- test result (which should be negative; ‘Uncertain’ will not be accepted);
- and name and contact details of the testing institution.
III. The proof must be in the official language of the place of departure of your flight to China, or in English. It will be checked by the airline of your flight to China.
IV. It should be a hard copy. If the testing institution issued a digital copy, please print it out minimum 03 copies and take it with you.
5. TRAVELLING TO FRANCE
6. TRAVELLING TO AZERBAIJAN
- Passengers must have a COVID-19 vaccination certificate with a QR code showing that they were fully vaccinated; or
- a COVID-19 recovery certificate with a QR code.
- This does not apply to:
- nationals of Azerbaijan;
- passengers younger than 18 years
7. TRAVELLING TO MALAYSIA
Pax full vaccination is mandatory
8. TRAVELLING TO QATAR
On the directives of the High Authority in the country and what was agreed upon earlier regarding the categories allowed to enter the State of Qatar during the 2022 World Cup, the following categories have been identified to be able to enter the country during the World Cup period, which starts from 01 November 2022 at 00:01 until 23 December 2022:
- Qatari citizens according to a passport or ID card.
- Residents of the State of Qatar of all nationalities, whether Gulf nationals or other nationalities, who hold diplomatic residency cards, and other nationalities who hold permanent residency and ordinary residency.
- Friendly military forces (American - British - French - Turkish - NATO forces) with the necessity of having a movement order.
- Holders of electronic visas previously issued, provided that it is valid / with the necessity to ensure their validity.
- Newborn visa for those born outside the country to a father and a mother residing in the country, provided that their residency is valid, and the mother is sponsored by the husband or an establishment, provided that the child is no more than 6 months old and holds a valid machine-readable child passport.
- Air transit visa for the other flight crew for a period of (96) hours.
- Fans and organizers Hayya card holders, whether electronic, paper or plastic, according to the travel document registered in Hayya card.
- Agents Must verify the validity of the Hayya entry permit, the expiry date, and whether it is for single or multiple entry, by scanning the electronic barcode on the entry permit. Please note that there is Hayya card valid for single entry of 24 hours (Agents MUST confirm that the 24 hours is satisfied by verifying the date of arrival and departure); other Hayya cards are open with multiple entries during the World Cup period.
- Agents Must also ensure that all the data recorded in the Hayya card conform exactly with the passenger's travel document.
- When there is any error in the data or the matter requires an amendment in the data, the Hayya card holder must immediately apply for the amendment. Passenger must NOT be accepted without obtaining approval.
- Travel documents for refugees holders of Hayya cards are not accepted except for travel documents for refugees issued by the Republic of Syria - the Lebanese Republic - the Jordanian passport without a national number, and the passport number begins with the letter (T). All other travel documents are NOT accepted unless there is a prior approval by communicating with the Airport Passports Department.
- The pre-examination of the Corona virus, whether (PCR) or rapid antigen test, has been cancelled for all arrivals to the country as of 1st of November 2022.
- Pre-registration in the Ehteraz platform is no longer required.
Please note that visa on arrival, tourist, official, business and air transit visas will be temporarily suspended during the world cup 2022 event, except for emergency cases, for which a prior approval must be obtained from the Airport Passport Department, before accepting the passengers."
9. TRAVELLING TO SAUDI ARABIA
As per Saudi Health authorities instructions, the passenger arriving at KSA does not require PCR Test, Vaccination Certificate, and arrival registration on MUQEEM.
However, for all types of Visit Visas insurance is required to cover the costs of Corona Virus infection treatment during their stay in the Kingdom (this is normally collected by Eitmad / Gerrys, while processing of visa).
10. TRAVELLING TO UAE
For details please visit: https://smartservices.ica.gov.ae/echannels/web/client/guest/index.html#/registerArrivals
11. TRAVELLING TO UK
If you will arrive in England from abroad after 4 am, Friday 18 March, you do not need to:
- Take any COVID-19 tests – before you travel or after you arrive
- Passengers are required fill in a UK passenger locator form before you travel
The above condition will apply to all passengers whether vaccinated or not".
12. DOMESTIC TRAVELLING
Only fully vaccinated passengers of age 18 years and above will be allowed to undertake domestic air travel within Pakistan while holding proof of complete vaccination against COVID-19.